Images & Videos
We can’t inspect your new purchase personally, so it is really important that the images and videos you send in clearly show the issues.
There’s no limit to the number of photos you can send us, so take as many pictures – from different distances and angles – to show us the damage.
Here are some tips to help you send us detailed, high resolution supporting images and videos, so we can assess your claim quickly:
It is really important to spend time on your images. Clear, relevant images help us process your claim faster.
- Your photos and videos should clearly show what you are claiming for.
- Ensure the car exterior is clean and free of dirt.
- Photos should be taken in a well-lit area.
- Keep the image free of shadows and reflections
- Always include one clear photo of the car registration.
Video can be a really effective way of showing us any issues you have with your car. Here are some tips to help you create and upload your clips:
- The best video type is mp4. This format is the most popular on all common smartphones.
- Clips should be no longer than 15 seconds long, or they might not upload.
- Please only show one area of damage per video. You can still send us multiple images alongside any video clip to support your claim.
- Make use of the video sound by verbally describing the damage you are filming.