Additional Safety for Independent Inspections
If we need to use DEKRA to make sure that you’re being treated fairly when assessing vehicle damage, we want to make sure this is done safely.
DEKRA inspection safety protocols
At DEKRA we have protocols around COVID-19 that we are asking our inspectors to abide by. All our inspectors are equipped with gloves, sanitisers and masks, and we ask you support our process by adhering to the following protocols:
- Ensure the vehicle/vehicles are parked in a suitable environment, away from people.
- If it has had human contact within 24 hours, the vehicle must be sanitised with suitable disinfectant, making sure the following areas are included: steering wheel, keys, and seat cover.
- Any loose items such as PPE, personal belongings or rubbish have been removed.
- Keys should be handed over in an open box and will be returned in an open box.
- Please ensure the 2m safe distancing rule is enforced.
These extra restrictions mean that inspections are taking longer, and our team may be running late. Wherever feasible we will inform you of any delays.
IF AN INSPECTOR ARRIVES ON SITE AND IS UNABLE TO WORK IN A SAFE ENVIRONMENT, WE WILL HAVE TO ABORT THE INSPECTION AND RESCHEDULE - ALL ABORTS ARE CHARGEABLE.
Download a copy of the DEKRA protocols
You can download a PDF of this information, to share with any relevant colleagues at your dealership.